Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Back!

I'm back from a year long of dropping the ball. Don't hate me! I totally didn't even come close to finishing The Hunger Games project. But I have a good excuse! I'm pregnant! And things have been a little crazy since finding out. Also family weddings, so many births (and all the trappings of both weddings and babies) have kept our house busy.

As for how the pregnancy is going. Well, this one has been the most textbook pregnancy you could imagine until a week ago. Billie and I fled to the hospital for possible complications. I'm still holding fast to the thought that they weren't very scary complications and am sure the hospital is making a big deal out of nothing. But when I think rationally about it, it is better to be safe than sorry and it's nice to be in a hospital that cares so much and blah blah.

I may sound a bit cranky, but that is just the cabin fever talking I guess. I've been on hospital bed rest for a week now and miss being outside. I'm missing out on the changing of the seasons, wearing boots and scarves, apple cider, Halloween decorations, and all the other little things I love about autumn. I miss seeing birds, feeling the sun and breeze. I miss privacy and sleeping in my own bed. And I had to stream my own baby shower. Needless to say I cried a lot that day.

The doctor says I probably won't leave without a baby in my arms. The thought is nice but the journey sounds rough. I just keep getting my hopes up that maybe the next day the doctor will be open to talking about releasing me.

It's hard on our little family, but not too hard. Bed rest is awesome for the first 6 hours. After that you just want to shower and run around and grab a vanilla steamer.

Soon.


No comments: